Please contact OATUG Speaker Programs with any questions about presenting at OATUG Forum Live.
Attend the speaker orientation on Wednesday, Dec. 2 at 12 p.m. EST, where we'll cover expectations, the speaker presentation template, and the general flow for your session.
Download the official OATUG Forum Live PowerPoint template for your presentation slide deck.
Presentation Slides Guidelines
- Use of the OATUG Forum Live PowerPoint Template is required.
- Create your presentation slides in the new template.
- Save your final presentation file in PDF format and upload it to the conference app by Friday, Dec. 4
- PLEASE NOTE: You must submit your slides AND your slides with notes. (see Upload Instructions below.)
Preparing for Your Presentation
- Prepare for your session in the same manner as you will deliver it.
- Please allot 45 minutes for your presentation and 10 minutes for the Q&A. (If you are doing a Turbo Talk, allot 20 minutes for your presentation and 5 minutes for the Q&A.)
- Practice your presentation with timing to know how much time you will spend on key slides.
- Make sure that you have tested your internet connection and audio settings. Please use a headset or phone for delivering your presentation to ensure a high-quality recording.
- Please make sure that you have registered for the event.
- Make sure that all of your panelists/co-presenters have registered.
- Please inform us of any presenters that need to be added/removed from your session.
- Each session will have an OATUG moderator. The moderator will help you get set up before the session, begin the webinar by welcoming the audience, and help facilitate the Q&A portion.
- Please log on to your session 10 minutes prior to the start time. The moderator will open your session as soon as the previous one has finished.
- When the moderator turns it over to you/your co-presenter(s), you can give a brief introduction and begin the session.
- Sessions will last 55 minutes (Turbo Talks 25 minutes).
- All sessions must end on time. The moderator will end your session after 55 minutes to ensure a smooth schedule for all. No sessions will be allowed to go over their allotted time.
- You will be in charge of your slides; the moderator will set you up to share your screen. Please make sure that all background apps and programs with pop-ups or sounds are disabled before your session begins.
- If working from home, limit others’ internet use (if possible) during your session broadcast to minimize the risk of reduced internet speeds and connection issues. You are responsible for providing your own computer to present your slides.
- Please sign in to the conference app
- Upload a bio and headshot
Session Cancellations or Substitutions
If you are unable to present, please notify Mike Jones immediately at +1 310.489.4817 and follow-up with an email to Speaker Programs.
Conference Registration Information
Primary presenters for accepted presentations will receive only one (1) complimentary (or discounted), registration regardless of the number of sessions accepted.
Co-presenters will be required to pay conference registration fees and must register online.
For full details on speaker registration and policies, please visit our Speaker Compliance page.
As a presenter at OATUG Forum Live, you have a great opportunity to generate media coverage for your organization and increase attendance for your presentation by utilizing effective marketing strategies.
Several options are available to you. Consider issuing a media advisory announcing your selection to present at the conference. An advisory summarizes your topic and could include quotes from your presentation, a link to your company website, and information about you and your organization.
Another option is to turn your presentation into a bylined article. Many technology publications routinely print articles that detail “real-life” experiences or offer helpful tips to others in the field.
Any of these options can be used in a social media campaign, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn. Tweet about the details from your presentation or provide links to any relevant articles that are generated from the press advisory and/or bylined article. Consider joining relevant LinkedIn groups and share these updates with like-minded individuals. You can engage with the Oracle Applications and Technology Users Group (OATUG) and its members through social networking sites, including:
- More than 17,000 members in the OATUG’s active LinkedIn Group
- Oracle Applications & Technology Users Group – OATUG on Facebook.
- Search the hashtag #OATUGForum on Twitter.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Mike Jones.
OATUG Forum Live Publication Rights
In the United States, the federal Copyright Act states:
The Copyright Act protects against copying by unauthorized persons of all “original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression.”
Such works include the papers published in the OATUG conference proceedings.
In order to protect your paper, the appropriate symbol and language must be used. This indicates to whom the copyright belongs.
Protection under the Copyright Act is acquired by placing all three of the following on every copy of a protectable work published by authority of the copyright owner in the United States or elsewhere:
- the symbol “©” and the word “Copyright;”
- the year of the first publication of the work; and
- the name of the owner of the copyright.
Failure to place these three items on a published work bars legal action for copyright infringement against any person who, due to the omission of such items, believes that the work has been placed by the author in the public domain and thus can be used without permission or fee by a third party.
Sample Copyright Protection
The OATUG suggests that you protect your copyright to your paper by putting the symbol and language at the bottom center of the first page of your paper: Copyright ©2020 by [Your Name]. The OATUG also suggests that you consult your attorney to ensure that you have properly registered the copyright to your paper.
Ownership of All Rights to Your Paper
By agreeing to include your presentation in the OATUG Forum Online conference proceedings, and by accepting the compliance agreement, you have indicated to the OATUG that you own all rights to your paper. Please inform the OATUG in writing immediately if you do not own all rights. In addition, if at any time you know or have reason to know that you do not own all rights to your paper, please inform the OATUG at once.
By accepting the compliance agreement, you authorize the OATUG to record your presentation (either by audio or video), to publish your presentation material in the OATUG proceedings and/or future publications of the OATUG, and to produce copies on USB, CD or another format.
For additional information, please refer to the U.S. Copyright Office.